David S. Katz
A founding partner of Katz & Phillips, P.A., David Katz is a former Assistant State Attorney and DUI / Intoxilyzer Specialist with the Seminole County State Attorney’s Office and has prosecuted cases in both Orange and Seminole Counties.
Chosen by the Florida Prosecuting Attorney’s Association, David taught DUI trial skills to new prosecutors statewide. As the Seminole County Intoxilyzer Specialist, he received unique training and experience with the Intoxilyzer 8000, including access to the manufacturer of the device, which he now uses to aid in the defense of DUI cases.
David has been the featured Speaker at Continuing Legal Education Seminars focused on DUI Defense, lecturing to Attorneys practicing DUI Defense throughout the State. David is also a co-Author of the Inside the Minds Series book focusing on DUI cases.
As a defense Attorney David has focused his practice on DUI defense and has played a key role in the suppression of hundreds of Breath Test results in Central Florida and surrounding areas, acting as the Lead Attorney in Suppression hearings focusing on Source code and machine malfunction issues.
Bar Admissions and Memberships:
- The National College for DUI Defense
- The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar Association
- The Orange County Bar Association
- The Seminole County Bar Association
- The Lake County Bar Association